xsip.generate is a message sent by a module requesting the transmission of a SIP request. The ysipchan module handles this message.
- Mandatory - The name of the SIP method to use in the request (e.g. NOTIFY)
- The Request URI of the SIP request to generate
- The channel ID if the request must be generated in an existing dialog, overrides uri
- The account name if the request must be generated on a registered line, overrides domain
- The domain used to fill the From and Call-ID headers if needed
- The content type header
- The content header
- The local body encoding for binary bodies, can be base64, hex (with no spaces) or hexs (separated with spaces). By default an UTF-8 text encoding is assumed
- Where headername is the name of the header to be sent with the request. This parameter is repeated for each header in the request (e.g. sip_From, sip_To, etc)
- Boolean value indicating that the sender should wait for the response to the request, default false
Note: A request URI must be present in a way or another - either specified explicitly or taken from the dialog of a channel ID - else the handler will silently return false.
The receiving module will:
- Return without waiting for the request transaction to terminate, discard information from received answers
- Wait for the request transaction to terminate and set the code parameter of the message to the received SIP code