What is Yate
Yate stands for Yet Another Telephony Engine, and like the name states it is mainly a telephony engine; while currently focused on Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and PSTN, its power lies in its ability to be easily extended. Voice, video, data and instant messenging can all be unified under Yate's flexible routing engine, maximizing communications efficiency and minimizing infrastructure costs for businesses.
- VoIP Server
- VoIP client
- Conference server - with up to 200 channels in a single conference.
- VoIP to PSTN gateway
- PC2Phone and Phone2PC gateway
- IP Telephony server and/or client
- ISDN passive and active recorder
- ISDN, RBS, analog passive recorder
- SS7 switch
- Call center server
- IVR engine
- Prepaid and/or postpaid cards system
About Yate's software
Yate is production-ready software and is easily extensible.
Yate is licensed under the GPL.
The architecture of Yate is based on a message passing system. The architecture can be divided into 4 main parts:
- Core, where encapsulations for sockets, threads and others primitives can be found
- Message Engine, message related classes, used to exchange data between modules
- Telephony Engine, the telephony related classes
- Yate Modules, modules extending the functionality of Yate
Find more about Yate's architecture.