This special message is used by a channel to request to insert a data source or consumer (or both) provided by another module.
Typically the Tone Generator, Wave File and RTP modules can provide data nodes to other modules.
This message must be sent synchronously.
Resource identifier parameters (each is optional)
- the data source the sender module wants to attach
- the consumer the sender module wants to attach; this can be used at the same time with source
- the data source that is to be temporarily connected to the sender's consumer; the intended usage is for local announcements and inband tone injection
- a data consumer to be attached as sniffer (supplementary consumer) instead of replacing the consumer
- a data source to temporarily replace the sender's source
- the id of the target that should recieve the chan.notify message that is send when the source or consumer reach end of data
- the maximum number of octets that should be transferred; this parameter is currently used only by the wave consumer
- set to true to indicate the desire for data sources to repeat indefinitely; this parameter is currently used only by the wave source
- boolean indication that the message contains a single resource identifier so the first matching handler can stop the message flow
- desired sample rate of the attached data node(s), default 8000Hz; not all modules support sample rate setting