This documentation has been extracted from the source of Yate-0.9-CVS and as such it might not be accurate -- technically or semantically.
The call.answered message seems to be emitted by a channel-creating module (such as h323chan and ysipchan). This message is sent by a telephony channel (like ysipchan, h323chan, yiaxchan) when it got answered from the other end.
The message seems to have been designed for asynchronous processing (broadcast).
- the id of the channel which got answered
- the id of the peer channel
- yes or no -- currently, the code sets this to yes unconditionally
- the remote IP address of the RTP channel.
- the remote port of the RTP channel
- a comma-separated list of supported formats (codecs) advertised by the remote end of the RTP channel.